Calgary Asbestos Removal & Abatement Services
Once a common building material, asbestos is now a serious health hazard. In fact, if your house was built before 1990 then it’s likely you have asbestos in your home. It’s found in everything from drywall to ceiling tiles, and the side effects of inhalation range from scarring of the lungs to cancer.
Asbestos removal requires extreme care, specialized equipment and certified consultants.
Platinum Inc. offers asbestos testing and removal services that adhere to the guidelines of Occupational Health & Safety, WCB, Alberta Health Services and the BC Work Safe Asbestos Removal Guide.
For you and your family’s safety, it’s worth a call.
• Upon calling for an estimate, you will be asked whether the material you believe is asbestos has been professionally tested as this is a legal requirement for asbestos removal.
If the material hasn’t been tested, don’t worry! Platinum will arrange for an accredited third-party laboratory to collect and test your materials, with a usual turnaround time of 1 – 3 days.
• When the results are returned, your Project Manager will provide an estimate, usually within 24 hours depending on the size of the loss. All estimates arrive within 3 business days.
• With your approval and deposit paid, projects begin within 5 business days. We will file a Notification of Project to Occupational Health & Safety on your behalf. This must be done 72 hours prior to the beginning of any asbestos removal. We will also set up air quality monitoring with certified air quality consultant, a legal and safety requirement.
• Once proper documentation has been secured, we begin your removal by setting up a contained environment and conducting a baseline air quality measurement. Air quality is monitored throughout the cleanup.
• When the removal is complete, a post-analysis is conducted to ensure no asbestos fibers remain within the structure. When air quality has passed testing, you are invoiced for the final cost of the project.
Asbestos is not usually covered by insurance providers unless it is involved in a water damage or sewage backup claim. Contact your insurance provider for your specific details.
The amount of time needed to remediate an asbestos claim depends on the scale of the loss. Most projects take within a day to a week to complete. However, for large scale projects it can take anywhere from a few weeks to months to complete.