Calgary Water Damage Removal & Restoration
Whether through broken water lines, sewer backups, burst pipes or the now-infamous Calgary flooding, water damage can happen in a whole lot of ways. Whether you know the source or you just need it cleaned up, Platinum Inc. is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help remove the damage and restore your property.
• A member of our team will collect your information and ask you about the source of the problem – whether it’s standing water, leaking, flooding, seepage or a long-term issue. If you don’t know, our experts can assess when they arrive. We’ll book you in for a next-day appointment for a free estimate. If it’s an emergency (burst pipes, sewer repair), we’ll be there within an hour.
• When scheduled, a Project Manager will arrive to inspect, take photographs and assess the extent of the water damage. In most cases, this takes less than an hour. If necessary, they may call in a plumber to fix the issue (at an extra cost).
We’ll write up an estimate, accounting for the scope of the damage, the equipment needed, the cleaning agents required and the items that need to be removed or disposed of (like flooring or carpet).
• When approved, we’ll book your removal within 1 – 5 business days and e-mail you a work authorization form. At this time, your insurance provider will require your deductible.
• On the day of your cleaning, we’ll begin the cleanup by removing affected materials, disinfecting the area and cleaning up any damage. With the teardown and cleanup complete, we’ll install our state-of-the-art, industrial-grade air movers, dehumidifiers, negative air fans.
• When the area has been sufficiently dried, we’ll pack up our equipment, give the area a final cleaning and give you a completion report. If desired, we are also able to offer complete construction and rebuild services.
With the exception of seepage through windows and the foundation, most water damage is covered by insurance. Check with your provider to be certain your situation applies for coverage.
Depending on the size of the affected area, cleanups can take from just a few days to a week. Proper drying and dehumidifying can take up to 4 days depending on the extent of the damage. Emergencies are handled immediately.